Vision & Mission
With the motto of ‘inspiring young minds for excellence’, the department envisions “to become the leading business school offering effective teaching, training and consultancy services in this part of the state’.
Our mission: is ‘to impart relevant management concepts and skills to the eligible graduates enabling them to seek employment in industry and business by providing them the needed training’ and affiliated to Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram from 2016-17 onwards.
The PG Department of MA Economics offered at the Department aims at the following objectives.
- To impart value-based education basides academic knowledge to promote the concept of ‘Earn While Learn’ student friendly keeping in view the economic background of the students
- To build Self- Confidence and positive frame of mind
- To promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in them
- To make them suitable for employment through the needed training.
Achieving anything in the PG Department of Economics is not an impossible task. Some of the students have joined in International organizations. Central and State services in various cadres. Even few students are in fourth estate and politics.
Even the staff members are so active that they have conducted number of seminars on national and state level economic issues. In such a manner that theyhave been appreciated by one and all.
Staff members treat their student as their own people and help them in various issues as far as possible.
Three books were published by our staff members. Two books were published by Dr L Krishnaveni.
- Indian Economy
- Public Finance
One book was published by Dr N H Keerthi
- Macro Economic implications of Technological progress. A supply side approach.
Value Added Programmes
- A certificate course on “Financial Statement Data Collection and Analysis” was organized in association with Virtua Research Inc. Bostan, USA (Eluru Branch) from 03-02-2015 to 02-03-2015 (23 days @2hrs per day from 4:30pm to 6:30pm).
- A certificate course on “Financial Statement Data Collection and Analysis” was organized by Virtua Research Inc. Bostan, USA (Eluru Branch) from 21-01-2016 to 16-03-2016 (45 days @1hr per day from 4:30pm to 5:30pm).
- Two – day workshop was arranged on English Communication Skills on 14th & 15th October 2015. Mrs. P Sailaja, Mrs. Y Bharathi, Mrs. MSC Sophia and Mr. Vincent Paul, Faculty Sir CRR Educational Institutions were invited as Resource Persons.
- Group II Exam online coaching classes conducted with the assistance of AP Skill Development Corporation (Govt. of AP) for the students from 22nd December 2016 to 25th February 2017.
- Campus Recruitment Training Programme conducted for 3 days from 31-01-2017 to 02-02-2017. The facilitators of WALYS (World Advanced Life Yielding Skills) .
TEACHING, LEARNING AND EVALUATION
We are conducting unit tests from time to time in each semester before going for final examinations. Mock viva-voce is being conducted before final Viva-Voce examination to know the students performance levels in various subjects and general economic trends.
Preparation of Practical Records
In the department of Economics we conduct practical examinations in the first two semesters for the papers Quantitative Methods-I (Mathematics) and Quantitative Methods-II (Statistics). Students have to submit practical record in each semester and attend practical examinations.
We are arranging guest lectures every year with an objective of imparting knowledge from outside sources. The Guest faculty selects current topics, which are more useful to the economics students.
Class Room Seminars & Group Discussions
We are conducting class seminars and group discussions on current topics in Economics. Students are informed about the topic in advance and should make a presentation in the classroom. The faculty members assess the performance of the students and give feed back for their development.
Weak students are identified based on previous examination. Each faculty member guides them from time to time, on subject matters, communication skills etc with an intention to develop their marks and communication skills.
Career & Job Opportunities
Students with a Postgraduate Degree in Economics have ample opportunities. They can engage themselves in research activities. As Economics students they have a district advantage engaging themselves as successful candidates in various central and state services. International Institutions like I.M.F, I.B.R.D & I.L.O look for academicians in Economics to frame policies to implement various programmes designed for the international well being.
They can be good columnists on various issues relating to Economic policies and decisions of the Government.
INFRASTRUCTURE LEARNNING RESOURCE
Infra structure for the faculty
The faculty is having specious, neat and well furnished staff room with the well needed privacy to the women faculty. The faculty has good access is the P.G Library and U.G Library. The department has its own library.
- Basic Facilities available in the Staff Room
- 5 Iron Almaries
- 5 Tables
- 10 Chairs
- Builtup area of the Department is 52.94 sqmeters.
The department has its own library consisting of 150 books
One faculty member looks after the libray facility.
Infrastructure for the Students
There are spacious classrooms with good ventilation and furniture. Even the students have ample access to the PG Library. The students approach the faculty for any sort of help at any time.
Seminar Hall and Lecture Halls
The institute has Air Conditioned Seminar Hall with latest equipment like LCD Projector, Computer with Internet connection and Audio-Visual Aids, besides fully furnished lecture halls.
Attached Hostel facility is available for students belonging to SC, ST and BC categories. Hostel facility is provided both for boys and girl students as well.
Play Ground & Gymnasium
The sprawling play –ground and well equipped Gymnasium provide the necessary support to sports enthusiasts.
Modern Teaching Methods Adopted
- Study Projects
- Group Discussions
- Class Room Seminars
- Presentation of Papers at Classroom Seminars
- Brainstorming Sessions
- Power Point Presentations
- Preparation of Charts
- Internet Browsing
Journals, Magazines and Periodicals
- The Indian Economic Journal
- Journal of Economics & Business
- Indian Development Review
- A.P.Economic & Statistical Bulletin
- Economic & Political Weekly
- Cultural Activities
- Audio-Visual Centre
- Women Studies Centre (for women students)
STUDENT SUPPORT SYSTEM
At the beginning of the year total students are divided into different batches and each batch is allotted to one faculty member for continous follow-up. The faculty member thoroughly interacts with his batch of students and knows about their background. Based on the above information the concerened faculty member interacts with his students and counsel them with a view to develop overall personality of the student
- Ms R Anantha Lakshm-Selected as Sub-Inspector of Police.
- Ms M Suneetha - C.T.O (Hyderabad)
- Ms.G.Vijaya Lakshmi - D.P.O (Visakhapatnam)
- Ms. K.Uma Rani - I.L.O (Geneva)
- Mr.K.Srinivasa Rao - M.R.O (Pedavegi)
- Ms B.Swarna Latha - Lecturer, Govt.College, Vizag
- Mr.K.Krishna Mohan - Journalist (EENADU)
- Mr.P.Srinivasa Rao - Sub Inspector of Police,
- Mr.C.Krishna Mohan - Sub Inspector of Police, Guntur
- Ms.S.Jyothirmayi - Running a Private UG College, Khamam
- Mr.K.Sridhar - Running a famous Coaching Centre for Competative Exams, Vijayawada
GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP
Department conducts meetings periodically to prepare academic plans and to review the admissions, examinations, results and also to conduct innovative programmes on curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Offering Career Guidance to the students by supplying the information regarding Higher Studies as well as employment opportunities published in the News Papers, Magazines etc. and Internet Browsing.
- Guiding the students in respect of personality development and to improve the communication skills
Opportunities for Self Employment
- Shareholders in Companies
- Wholesalers, Retailers, Exporters and Importers
- Money Lenders
- Poultry Firms
- Under Writers
- Commission Agents
- Sales Executives
- Running Educational Institutes